This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as “Privacy Statement”) applies to, inter alia, (i)our website https://www.syntegro.be (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and (ii) all (commercial) relations between Syntegro and its clients, prospects and business partners.
This privacy Statement contains, inter alia, information on personal data collected by Syntegro, as well as on the manner in which Syntegro uses and processes this personal data.
Syntegro wishes to emphasize that it is trying to act in accordance with the “Privacy Law” at all times, both at Belgian and European level.
Visiting the Website implies your explicit approval (by means of disclosing your personal data or subscribing for the newsletter) of this Privacy Statement and consequently of the manner in which Syntegro collects, uses and processes your personal data.
1. Types of personal data
Syntegro may collect and process the following personal data
- First name and surname
- Employee number
- Contract number
- Name suffix
- Address details
- Email address
- Telephone number /Mobile number
- License plate
- Date starting/ending employment
- Language group
- Time zone
- Username and password
- Personal holidays
- Personal special days
- IP address
- Badge number(s)
- Fingerprint recognition
- Hand punch information
- All personal data registered in “voluntarily to define by the client” in the shape of “free fields” or tables
- All other personal data voluntarily provided to Syntegro (e.g. in correspondence)
Specific our software solutions
- Work planning
- Day schedules and day schedule corrections
- Time registration punching
- Day result corrections
- Counter corrections
- Day exception corrections
- Job registration punching
- Hours justification
- Cost centers
- Planning frame(s)
- Planning function(s)
- Function change(s)
- Access profiles
- Access control registrations
Syntegro will also automatically collect anonymous information concerning your use of the Website. Syntegro will, for example, automatically log what parts of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you got access to the Website. We will not be able to identify you on the basis of these data, but it will allow Syntegro to compile statistics relating to the use of the Website.
2. Manner of collection of personal data
The personal data are collected in the context of:
- A visit to the Website
- A cooperation with Syntegro
- Correspondence to and from Syntegro
- A visit to our company building
- The creation of a (demo-)account
- A request of an offer, information or demonstration
- Subscription to our newsletter
- Your use of Syntegro’s services, whether or not through our Website, and whether or not through our products, solutions
- Registration for courses, events, etc.
- The exchange of business cards
- Verification of your identity (e.g. during a visit)
The personal data thus collected by Syntegro are therefore explicitly and voluntarily provided by you.
The provision of certain personal data can (sometimes) be a condition in order to enjoy certain services (e.g. to access certain parts of the Website, to subscribe to our newsletters, to participate in certain activities and events). In this respect, it will be stated which data is obligatory and which one is optional to be completed.
As admin user of our solutions, you are the administrator of, and in consequence responsible for, keeping up-to-date the user accounts of your employees within our applications of time registration, eHR-workflows, access control, visitor registration etc…. When creating user accounts for yourself and your employees, you agree to use the personal data of aforementioned individuals for purposes as described in Chapter 3.
3. Use of personal data
Syntegro can use of your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performance of an agreement with Syntegro (including its follow-up)
- Responding to questions (whether or not asked via contact form)
- Optimizing the quality, the management and the contents of the Website
- Sending newsletters
- Sending invitations for events
- Statistic purposes
- Creating a (demo-)account and its confirmation
- Providing support/ assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- Sending targeted marketing and advertisements, updated and promotional offers on the basis of your communication preferences and – if necessary – on the basis of your explicit approval
- Carrying out customer satisfaction surveys, - polls and other market research
- Registering visitors to our company building
- Confirming enrolment for a course, seminar, event, etc.
- Sending invoices and recovering payments
The processing is done on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with Syntegro or to take measures, at your request, prior to entering into an agreement
- Processing is necessary for compliance with the legal obligations to which Syntegro is subject
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by Syntegro or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interest or fundamental rights and freedoms , which require protection of personal data (e.g. when you are a minor)
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Syntegro will not disclose your personal data to any third person, unless such is necessary in the context of performing the agreement and optimization thereof (such as maintenance activities, processing of payments, sending deliveries, in the context of database management, for rendering services to Syntegro but not limited to only Syntegro). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to social secretariats, software providers, cloud partner, transport partners, datacenter, service providers, financing institutions.
If, in this context, Syntegro is required to disclose your personal data to third parties, the third party concerned is required to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that Syntegro discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if Syntegro is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend Syntegro’s rights.
- If Syntegro, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data, which Syntegro has collected, shall be one of the transferred assets.
In all other cases, Syntegro will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has entered into a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and treatment in compliance with privacy of your personal data.
5. Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the 'European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)', or (ii) provide adequate safeguards through any other mechanism pursuant to Privacy Legislation, or any other regulations pertaining to the processing of personal data.
6. Storage of personal data
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) through compliance with another legal obligation, Syntegro shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question, as specified in the Privacy Statement under 'III. Use of personal data'.
7. Your privacy rights
In the context of the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- Right to inspect your personal data;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to delete your personal data (complete deletion). Syntegro wishes to point out, however, that in this context certain services will no longer be accessible or can no longer be provided if you delete or request deletion of certain required personal data;
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transferability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, please contact our DPO (Data Protection Officer): email@example.com
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned email address. In addition, you can always update, modify and/or verify your personal data, which you were required to submit when creating your account, via your personal account.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information on the services of Syntegro, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button underneath each of Syntegro’s emails.
8. Security of personal data
Syntegro undertakes to take appropriate and reasonable physical, technological and organizational security measures in order to avoid (i) unauthorized or unlawful access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
Syntegro shall store all personal data, which it has collected in the cloud with data centers located in the EU, Onsite.
Notwithstanding (i) Syntegro’s security policy, (ii) the controls it carries out and (iii) the actions it performs in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, Syntegro is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Finally, the security of your account will also depend on the confidentiality of your password and other account information. Syntegro will never ask for your password and you will never be required to communicate it personally. If you have nonetheless communicated your password to a third party, this third party shall have access to your account and your personal data via your password. In such cases, you will liable for the actions which occur as a result of the use made of your account. Syntegro therefore strongly advises you, if you observe that someone has accessed your account, to immediately change your password and contact us.
9. Update Privacy Statement
Syntegro is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page displaying the Privacy Statement, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
10. References to other websites
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. Syntegro does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor over their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy statements of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the manner in which Syntegro collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us: by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you are not satisfied with the way Syntegro has handled your questions or remarks or you have any complaints about the way Syntegro collects, uses or processes your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission.